Pilot's Manual Volume 1: Flight School (eBundle)
|Author||Aviation Theory Centre, Ltd.|
|Specs||600 pages (print edition)|
This money-saving eBundle includes both the Hardcover Book andASA eBook PDF (available for immediate download).
Notes on Compatibility:
- The ASA eBook included in this eBundle requires Adobe® Digital Editions, which is available as a FREE Download, to be installed on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Adobe Digital Editions is NOT yet fully supported on Mac OSX Lion, however, Adobe has a Beta version available that may work for you. Click HEREfor more information.
- ASA eBooks can be installed on up to 5 devices simultaneously, and read on a range of digital devices including the Apple iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®, and Android® smartphones/tablets as well as PC and Mac computers.
|✈ How do I get my eBooks onto my Android ?
To view eBooks on a mobile device like an Android based tablet or phone, follow the steps below:
|✈ How do I get my eBooks onto my iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch ?
To view eBooks on a mobile device like an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, follow the steps below:
This new, 4th Edition has been updated throughout to reflect current rules and Practical Test Standards. Also includes new information on LSA/Sport Pilot, Technically Advanced Aircraft (TAA) and glass cockpits, airport markings/signs, and much more.
Time is money in an airplane and with an instructor. The Pilot's Manual: Flight School will save readers on both as they progress through their Private and Commercial certificates. Flight instructors tell students which maneuvers will be covered in the next lesson; student can then prepare themselves by reading the relevant chapters and working the reviews.
The book can also be used with the post-flight briefing to consolidate what students practiced in the air. Flight instructors will benefit from better-prepared students, and students will benefit from more progress in their flight training.
The Pilot's Manual: Flight School covers all the tasks from the FAA Practical Test Standards for the Private and Commercial certificates, with text supported by more than 500 full-color illustrations and photographs. Students read about the maneuvers covered in their forthcoming lesson and gain both a theoretical and operational understanding of the tasks before heading to the airport. In addition to covering all the maneuvers, the book also prepares readers for the student pilot milestones: first solo, cross-country flying, instrument flight, and night flying.
The appendix provides a comprehensive airplane checkout review, which readers can use to prepare for transitioning to a new airplane type, insurance applications, or the Flight Review (BFR) ground lesson. This book makes it easy for students to learn the maneuvers before taking to the air, so their time spent in the airplane with an instructor can be dedicated to practice.
Forward by Barry Schiff. This book is part of The Pilot’s Manual Series, the series used by leading universities as their standard classroom texts. Also in The Pilot's Manual Series: Ground School, Instrument Flying, Private Pilot Syllabus, Instrument Rating Syllabus. Commercial Pilot Syllabus available online.
- Current! Flight School covers all the maneuvers from the FAA’s new Practical Test Standards (effective August, 2002) for the Private and Commercial certificates.
- Colorful! More than 500 full-color, dynamic illustrations and photographs so readers can visualize each maneuver performed in the airplane.
- Simple! Logical organization and colorful presentation work as both a self-study and classroom text.
- Thorough! The book prepares readers for the student pilot milestones: first solo, cross-country flying, instrument flight, and night flying.
- Timeless! Readers will refer to the book time and time again for transitioning to a new airplane type, insurance applications, and the Flight Review (BFR).
- Effective! Margin notes highlight the important facts for each page and diagrams support the textual descriptions for each maneuver.
- Workbook! Chapters conclude with review questions so readers can ensure they’ve acquired the necessary knowledge.
- FAR/JAR Works in both U.S. and International training environments: satisfies FAA and JAR (Joint Aviation Regulations) requirements.
- Trusted! Written by a remarkable editorial team consisting of civilian, airline, and military, pilots, flight instructors, professors, FAA representatives, and industry leaders.
- Well Constructed! Hardcover, 8-1/2" x 11” format, full-color illustrations throughout, 656 pages.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!