ASA FAA Instrument Procedures Handbook (eBundle)
This product contains both the print book and the eBook download.
The FAA Instrument Procedures Handbook supersedes FAA-H-8261-1A (2007) and was created to be a technical reference to all IFR pilots operating in the National Airspace system. This book expands on topics covered in the Instrument Flying Handbook (FAA-H-8083-15B) and introduces more advanced information for IFR performance. This book is a valuable asset to any Instrument student, pilot, or instructor, as it us uded as a reference in both the Airline Transport Pilot and Instrument Pilot Knowledge Test and the Practical Test Standards.
This new version has been reconstructed, updated, and has had more information added. There is also a discussion about issues related to the development, standardization, content, concepts, limitations and utilization of Airborne Navigation Databases of today and tomorrow with the ever-changing National Airspace System.
Some of the new information includes:
- Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT)
- Enhanced Flight Vision Systems (EFVS)
- LNAV/VNAV and Circling Minimums
- the NextGen System to include ADS-B, SWIM, Data and Network Communications systems, and a ‘forecast’ of NextGen planned improvements
- Head-Up Display (HUD) and Synthetic and Enhanced Vision Systems (SVS/EVS)
Some of the updated sections include:
- instrument charts
- procedures including:
- IFR takeoff
- en route
- Safety information such as:
- runway incursion
- land and hold short operations
- controlled flight into terrain
- human factors
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!